[GLLUG] Learning SQL

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:59:27 EST 2006

I agree with you on the "shelling out money for books", I hate paying for
crappy ones and have done it way to many times. However, when I was reading
one of my Linux books I read about the chattr command and something called
the immutable bit, didn't have a use for it, but thought it might come in
handy later. Few months go by and someone has a problem where he can't
delete files in his home directory even as root, remembering that the
immutable file bit does this I looked it up again and told him to check if
it was set and sure enough it had gotten set. Turned out to be a known bug
in reiserfs, I'm guessing a rather uncommon one. Had I been following
tutorials I  might have not gotten this. The real problem is finding quality
tutorials. I, of course, will check out any links you guys have sent me,
might save me money ;-) . I like both resources for learning, but I think
the internet is better when you have a specific objective and books are
better when you have a general objective.