[GLLUG] Re: Ubuntu System requirements

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 23:04:42 EST 2006

On 3/26/06, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks I was looking around on their website but didn't see anything obvious
> pointing to it's system requirements. So I'll tell her she can install it.
> LiveCD locked up the system though when she tried to run it not enough RAM.

If you type "server" at the installation prompt when booting from the
CD, you can install a "barebones" version of Ubuntu and cherry pick
the packages you want to install.  It's a bit more labor-intensive,
but it doesn't load stuff you don't want and can be installed on just
about anything that way.  Plus, it forces you to learn the intracacies
of apt-get or synaptic.

Jason