[GLLUG] Learning SQL

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Mar 27 10:38:01 EST 2006

Andy Lee said:
> I concur with the others that books are not really necessary for learning
> SQL, but if you need a book, SQL for Smarties is the best learn SQL from
> scratch book I've seen. That said, start with googling SQL tutorials to
> see how it looks. You'll likely be amazed at how simple SQL is, at least
> to get off the ground with what most people do.

SQL for Smarties is indeed an excellent investment, whether you're just
learning SQL or you've been using it for years but want to improve your
capabilities.  I started using databases in 1996 and I still refer to this
book.  I discusses how to handle a lot of complex things that aren't
immediately obvious unless you're an absolute guru.  I'm not, so this book
saves me.

Clay

--
Simple Content Management