[GLLUG] Raid 0

Benjamin Minshall minshal1 at msu.edu
Wed May 3 14:56:53 EDT 2006

Hi Mark,

Changing the RAID config won't make a noticeable difference in my
opinion.  With PostgreSQL, the most performance gains are going to come
from your shared_buffers and work_mem settings, and available RAM.

How much RAM do you have in this machine and what are your settings?
How many concurrent connections does PostgreSQL usually have?  What is
the typical transaction workload: lots of reads, writes, complex queries?

Good luck,
-Ben