[GLLUG] Ubuntu -- is there an installation package?

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:10:08 EST 2006

Frank,

Take a look in the K menu. Under one of the lowest menus
(options...tools...utilities...something like that) there should be one that
says "Install" with a blue icon. That one will install for you.

Otherwise, you can download and burn the "alternative" iso. This boots to a
splash screen where you can install by text (same dialogue menus, you just
don't have to boot into KDE, using RAM you could be using for the install
process). I once found that I had a cdrom drive that couldn't work well
enough to install using the live/install disk,  but the alternate worked
just fine.

Karl