[GLLUG] Windows and Linux mixed environment

Andy Lee alee at courts.mi.gov
Sat Nov 11 20:02:55 EST 2006

Crossover Office should be included in the discussion as well. It's
basically a commercial wrapper for Wine, but it makes running Windows
applications rediculously easy, and pretty much just works. And, so you
don't have to feel to dirty about using commercial software, they are
big contributors back to the Wine project.

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I've been thinking of doing a series of presentations on doing a mixed
> windows and linux environments. I would probably do these mostly from
> a desktop/home user perspective... Although I've no doubt it could
> apply to enterprise. I would include (or try to):
>
> * Dual Booting.
> * Networking... Samba
> * Wine
> * Virtual Machines
> * CygWin and other things to make windows more nix like/friendly.

I for one would definitely be interested in Wine and other virtual
machines
besides VMWare.

--
Charles Ulrich