[GLLUG] [Fwd from Wftl-lug] ReiserFS creator charged with murder

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 07:18:36 EDT 2006

> For an unproven and untried allegation against someone?  No.
>
> Recall that in the US (contrary to what some people seem to speak of)
> you are innocent until proven guilty.

not to mention I don't believe any of the evidence has been released
and they haven't found a body. which means all of us are operating on
rumor and gossip. yes we know he's been arested and what for. yet we
have nothing ourselves to dictate our opinions of his guilt. last I
checked they're missing a body. maybe she's alive?

since reiserfs is free you accomplish nothing by moving to ext* other
than a more stable filesystem (warning that's an opinion backed by
experience). I use reiserfs for portage and it hadn't even crossed my
mind to change it because it's the best fs for the job. I personally
hope that someone picks up reiser4 and it eventually makes it into the
linux kernel.

now if you have been donating to the project, or otherwise expending
money that ends up in hans' pocket. I can understand why you might
quit. you might be blowing you money down the tube, you might think
he's guilty and don't want to help pay a defense lawyer, or other
miscellaneous reasons.

why the hell does novell care if he did it or not. If they wanted to
release a statement not endorsing his actions, or more appropriately
not turning their back just because he's been arrested, "innocent
until proven guilty", I could understand. but for example I'll bet if
I wanted to I can go to best buy and buy a michael jackson record.
even though he is a freak and almost certainly a pedophile, that
doesn't stop the riaa or whoever from selling his records. and I dare
say that is worse than murder because then you "%$#@!" someones head
up for life and they probably do bad things to other people, and the
cycle continues. when someones dead they're dead, people hurt, but
usually eventually to some extent, move on. they usually don't go out
and hurt other people.