[GLLUG] Re: Meeting Thursday, October 12th

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 10:19:49 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 10:00 -0400, Curt Micol wrote:
> Also, you can't seriously expect that everyone uses gmail?

no but I think there are bigger fish to fry.

I'm experimenting with pop clients right now. because I want to start
using pgp. I'm currently in evolution. and so far no problems reading an
knowing what was quoted.

from your email or any of the other's received. yes it might be a waste
of bandwidth... but so are all the RSVP's I have to endure. really
meeting anouncements are of no use to me and even less are the rsvps,
I'm usually there, and if I'm not coming I probably don't no more than 1
hour ahead of time, if you are their I'll see you there, if you aren't
hope to see you next week. but we've had that discussion. It got turned
down. we've also had the reply to all vs just replying to list
discussion and it got turned down. both have caused me to generate
"extra bandwidth".  Is this really that big of a deal to you? how about
signatures? I used to have a 10 line signature, then someone complaine
so I cut it. and signatures pointing me to linux-user at egr.msu.edu umm...
I'm on the list. why do I need the address again?

sorry to inconvience you or anyone. but is this really worth the effort,
to even debate? (I guess it must be for me, cause I'm debating it)