[GLLUG] Is there a Windows equivalent to /etc/fstab?

Andy Lee alee at courts.mi.gov
Thu Oct 12 13:48:14 EDT 2006

Actually, this isn't for normal users, but only for processes running in
the background. Is there a way to put the credentials on the path? Would
something like \\user:password at server\share work?

I did find a bug where if you use the "AT" command in conjunction with
net use the mapping doesn't show up in lists, but is available to all
users on the machine. Not really how I want to get around the problem.

>>> Daniel Hedlund <daniel at digitree.org> 10/12/06 1:14 PM >>>
When you're talking about making shares available to all users on the
machine, you're only referring to users who log in and not including
things like scheduled tasks running in the background, correct?  Have
you considered having using scripts on a PDC (primary domain controller)

to automatically mount each user's network shares for them on login?
That is usually what people in the Windows world do (see "net use"
command):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308582

Scheduled task can also map and unmap network drives when they need
them.  Network drives are never persistent, they're always unmapped when

a user logs out.