[GLLUG] fstab / dev devices in SCO UNIX

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at sequoianet.com
Fri Oct 13 19:43:04 EDT 2006

Is anyone here a SCO unix geek?  Is it just me, or is it really weird that SCO expects you to mknod your own devices with custom names, rather than assigning them in a logical fashion like /dev/sd0 and so on?  It makes it painful to figure out where things are mounted and so on.   What I really want is the quickest method for figuring out where each disk is mounted...

As another aside, has anyone tried to get older SCO UNIX versions working in VMWARE, or possibly using the binary emulator iBCS?

Thanks,

Mark Lachniet