Re: [GLLUG] Help with Debian Upgrade??

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Thu Apr 12 09:51:37 EDT 2007

Debian Sarge - not Ubuntu.  The box is setup as a domain controller (using samba of course.)

I tried clean.  I ran aptitude -f and it offered to roll back swat and smbfs because they both required the newer version of samba (that it had failed to install.)

I am not sure how to manually force apt to roll back a version - what is the command anyway?

I may try to upgrade now that those versions are rolled back.  It's funny, everything worked fine before but now my RealVNC Authorization won't work - it tells me there is an authorization error (it is set to use the windows username/password which I believe it must check with samba.)  It all worked before but now I can't get the damn vnc to function from anywhere outside of the building.  I have the port fwd'd and everything.

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.