[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Apr 23 16:41:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:25:36 -0400
"Caleb Cushing" <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:

> then I suggest not at all, unless your volunteering to set up and
> tear down. because having to set up and tear down twice a day will
> be  nuisance. We didn't have to baby sit it last year. We could just
> keep the password out of the hands of anyone that doesn't show there
> ID as over the age of 18. this would be no more difficult than the
> monitoring they do for alcohol. Or we could remove all games rated
> mature from the list of what's playable.

It's my impression that you won't be in charge of Computer Gaming next
year.  If this is the case, or if there is someone who doesn't mind the
"nuisance" of setup and teardown, then it's not your call.  But you're
also suggesting having someone watching over the computer gaming
machines to make sure no one under 18 uses it, which would be far more
of a nuisance.  I don't think that only giving out a password to people
with ID will be effective, but instead just a pain to the first people
who want to play a game.  Don't forget, the alcohol is never left
unattended.  Will the gaming machines be turned off and unplugged when
there is not someone to watch them?

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com