[GLLUG] Re: More Penguicon Thoughts

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:51:12 EDT 2007

I'm sorry that happened, Dan.  I don't know of any such policy, and I
was the one recruiting volunteers to staff the lounge, and fitting
together the puzzle pieces to allow everyone to attend the presentations
they wanted to.  In fact, we have used friends of GLLUG members this
year and last, so I'm not trying to preserve the purity or sanctity of
the computer lounge.  I will keep in mind next year that people from
other LUGs might want to pitch in, and give them the opportunity to do so.

Last year, someone from UHACC stopped by in the wee hours of the morning
and said they would be willing to help out with the computer lounge.
When I contacted him this year about his offer, he said they now had a
project that would keep them busy at Penguicon, so all they could have
helped with was packing it away at the end.  I state this just to show
that I did look to "outside" help in staffing the lounge, not to
embarrass anyone.  It just didn't occur to me to solicit help from other
LUGs, and I figured Penguicon would be looking for more volunteers and
therefore wouldn't be able to "loan" us any of them.

                                Chick