[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Mon Apr 23 20:15:24 EDT 2007

> I like the Idea of a seperate gaming room. Although I would want it to
> be a permanent installation for the weekend because the hardware would
> be too much to set up and tear down every night. We could also take
> games like Doom 3 (really violent and gory off of our list). another
> option instead of making gaming completely separate is find a way to
> partition it off from the rest of the lounge. this would be especially
> true if we can't get more machines.

I think that security is too much of an issue to do something like this.
  It really needs to be in the lounge, or nowhere.  I also don't think
that we should censor ourselves from showing the violent/bloody games,
as that's the way the FPS industry has went and is thus a large part of
our audience.  It's just a lot simpler to boot the kids, or if we aren't
willing to boot them permanently, boot them after 7:00 or something and
then flip the gaming machines into gaming mode until morning, then go
back to terminals for the daytime.