[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:31:06 EDT 2007

Dude, what's with all the hate?  Kids are beautiful, man.  Next year,
instead of banning them, we should have activities for them, like
teaching them freedom songs about Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds,
painting pictures with The Gimp, and a _March of the Penguins_/_Happy
Feet_ double-feature on the MythTV box.  Maybe even a Breakfast with
Tux, featuring scrambled penguin eggs and kippers, if Penguicon will
loan us their costume.  Then we could print up Penguin Hatchling
certificates for them to take home.

Seriously, though, what is with all the negative references to children
in the computer lounge?  I spent as much time there as anyone, and I
didn't see any problems with them.  They didn't deprive anyone of use of
the terminals, didn't run around or scream and yell.  You don't even
know if that was their empty condom box that was found.

                                Chick