[GLLUG] Electronics - Wii Remote on Linux

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:29:57 EDT 2007

Well, I managed to buy a cheap <$15 usb bluetooth adapter, and have
gotten my control interfacing within linux with the linux driver. In
order to complete this, I need a few IR LED's in order for the remote
to calculate its position. I ripped two of these out of the same model
RCA television remotes that I got at staples for free with rebate, and
now I'm wondering if it is okay just to wire them series to a 9 volt
battery. Any ideas?