[GLLUG] Beer Track?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Apr 27 10:09:15 EDT 2007

Umm, this has gotten a little out of proportion.  A band in a hotel room
party is going to be a little overpowering and certain to get us bounced.
Also, there wouldn't be room to stand around and drink beer, thereby
killing the principal reason to have a room party.

The leather girls thing was a joke guys.  If you didn't see the leather
girls you wouldn't understand.  Trust me that it wasn't something you
really wanted to plan at a party--the fact that it showed up spontaneously
is simply indicative of the kind of party that they were throwing.  No
point in us trying to duplicate what they have, that would only make it a
lame copycat.

Clay

Richard Houser wrote:
> My Dad has a band that was playing fairly regularly until recently
> (people have some summer commitments starting up, so few additional jobs
> booked right now).  If everything is still going well, it would probably
> be something like $400 plus maybe another $100 (for a 3-4 hour night) to
> get them down to Troy (from Flint).  If we wanted them to do it, it
> would be prudent to wait and ask later, but that should be a decent
> ballpark price for a small band.  If we do something like this, however,
> we get space issues in a suite like the ConSuite and really need a
> bigger facility.
>
> Jim Fick wrote:
>> Are you thinking about live entertainment?  How much would that cost in
>> Troy?

Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com