[GLLUG] Thanks for the kind words.

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Fri Aug 3 10:36:45 EDT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 23:16:21 Steven Sayers wrote:
> I won't be at tonight's event, well, pre-tonight. My parent's say
> they will drive me out to the meeting of next Thursday. Hopefully it
> will still be at the Headquarters , on 1800 N Grand River Avenue .

Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

> Also I'd love to see some action in the IRC channel. Freenode is one
> of the most used open-source like server. It has Debian, Gentoo,
> Ubuntu, Gnome, etc etc, and it'd be easy to auto-join the #gllugi
> channel. Not that I dislike E-mail, but IRC is virtually real time.

The IRC channel has been more or less abadoned for quite awhile. I keep
forgetting to remove it from the website, or move it to a less
prominent place.

> Also I'm interested in what these meetings are like. Do I bring my
> computer? Do I bring anything?

The meetings are usually very informal. If there's not a presentation,
we just sit around and chat about whatever comes up. Many people bring
a notebook. (Either the paper kind or the computery kind.)

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com