[GLLUG] A reply to Open Source.

Steven Sayers sjsayers93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:41:56 EDT 2007

Well also showing off some of the Desktop Environments would be a good idea.
I should have my low-hardware laptop by then and I will have Xfce installed on
it. Since there will be so many laptops there [more than likely] we should
also show some of the great effect things out there, and show the forks of
these projects. Examples of this being showing Beryl then showing the new and
semi-stable Compiz Fusion. To further this idea of showing the whole spectrum
of linux a few distributions in different use would be nice. Some gentoo and
not .deb systems would be a good thing to see. Finally I believe showing some
computers running a server would be nice. Many people are interested in
having a server that is secure and of course someone in the group could do
that. Due to the lack of transition words, we also need some Distro-CD's.

~Steven