[GLLUG] My Laptop + Power Email

Steven Sayers sjsayers93 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:16:10 EDT 2007

Well, Eduardo is being totally awesome and giving me one of the laptops.
This will be nice because I'll probably use it an hour a day at least.
The problems are I'm pretty sure he's just giving me the laptop. I only
have $10 but I could really use / need a AC Adapter, and I guess need a
pcmia card if it doesn't already have it. If I do get an AC adapter with
it all the better. My parents will probably then just buy me a pcmia
card. In other news, I switched the email from the group daily thing
which is starting to become a pain to the receive-on-send thing.
Hopefully I will get more email then. Or I should. In final news, sorry
I forgot your name, I've only been in the group for a month, but to
whomever I was talking to about myth-TV I've found a card for $20. I
don't think I'd use myth-TV since it does not hardware encode but
instead use TV-Time. Finally if anyone wants to help me setup a virtual
Debian machine for a server with FTP and Apache please tell me the
basics at this Thursdays meetings. I want a virtual machine for two
reasons. One : I barely use my hardware and Two is that it'd be nice to
have. I have a bit more to say still. I threw my graphics card back in.
Well... Any who it works. It's loud still but I just turned up my 120 MM
fan to be louder. It's really great. I missed my games. Dearly. It's
been a month or two since I've played them and I believe that is why I
was distro-hopping like mad. Also I fixed my router, it's wpa1 I
believe, it's still in German I updated the firmware, it's a wrt54g for
anyone who is very router savvy. I looked on google and it seems to be a
common problem I guess. Some other thoughts are Wow this gutsy gibbon's
Respos are amazing. They added a lot of very fun games. Such as
frets-on-fire. FoF is very nice and fun but I'm not good at it at all.
They need to add more simple songs. Other games I enjoy are Nexuiz,
SuperTuxKart, Torcs [ I Love torcs, If they had Internet Play i'd go
crazy in a good way] , Wormux [This game is fun and it is easy to make
maps for], NetPanzer is a simple RTS game. I Have No Tomatoes: Like
bomber man but with tomatoes and power ups, I also installed like 20
other games but either aren't to great or forgot about them. I think
this racks up my power email message. Let me just spell check it.

----
If you read this thank you. If you skimmed through it thanks. If you
didn't look that's okay too.
~Steven Sayers