[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, Dec 6, 2007

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:19:36 EST 2007

I'm going to start preparing for the presentation tomorrow. The
majority of it will be a cracking-wep howto; i did this as a little
pet project about a year ago, so we'll see how my luck fares tomorrow.

Lee, as far as your question goes, it's a pretty good setup. Just make
sure that WPA has a strong password.

I'll talk more about it thursday; bring some questions.

It would be greatly helpful to have some people sit connected to the
network i will have set up there, so what we will need is some people
surfing the web as per normal while the others participate in
capturing packets. Some steps not everyone will be able to do at the
same time if you want to follow along, but it would be cool having
three or four people replaying packets with me to get the hack done
quicker.

I suggest getting the backtrack security tools cd from
remote-exploit.org. This is what I'll probably be using during the
demonstration. Otherwise, just download the wep cracking tools you'll
find listed in many places. You will need void11, kismet (configured
for your wifi card), aircrack, airreplay...just off the top of my
head.

More later,
Karl