[GLLUG] new location

Ashton Shortridge ashton at msu.edu
Wed Dec 5 10:43:34 EST 2007

Lon time lurker here.

The real issue with holding it on campus is what members want GLLUG to be. If
the goal is to attract a lot of new users to Linux, then regular (maybe not
every week, but regular) meetings on campus are a no-brainer, right? It's a
pool of thousands of interested but maybe inexperienced technical people.

If the goal is to have a comfortable group of people who know each other
fairly well and do occasional linux outreach, then maybe choosing and
advertising campus meetings is a mistake, as the group composition is likely
to change and grow.

A compromise might be to alternate meeting locations on campus and in central
Lansing venues.

Ashton

--
Ashton Shortridge
Associate Professor			ashton at msu.edu
Dept of Geography			http://www.msu.edu/~ashton
235 Geography Building			ph (517) 432-3561
Michigan State University		fx (517) 432-1671