[GLLUG] Video Editing on Linux

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Tue Dec 4 22:25:14 EST 2007

At 02:10 PM 12/4/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I bought my wife a digital video camera for Christmas this year, and I'm
>expecting that one of her very first requests is going to be learning how
>get it off the camera and edited down so that we can share video with
>friends and family.  Unfortunately most of the Linux resources I'm finding
>on that are three to five years old.  In the Linux world, that's like
>trying to fix my Honda Accord with the service manual from 1977.
>
>Anybody have any good pointers for where to look on that?  If I can learn
>how to do it I'm perfectly happy to give a presentation on the subject so
>that I can share what I learn.  For that matter, it might make a good
>panel for Penguicon.
>
>Clay

This topic might make for a good "sub-committee" of GLLUG.  The initial
assessment I've made into the subject make it fairly clear that there is a
significant learning curve - starting with evaluating the software that is
available - but a worthwhile "pot of gold" at the end.

How many GLLUGers are interested in working on video editing and DVD creation?

Dr. Stanley C. Mortel, M.C.S.E.
Managing Member
CyberNOS, L.L.C.
http://www.cyber-nos.com