[GLLUG] linux friendly audio player

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sat Dec 8 22:23:07 EST 2007

Michael George wrote:
> I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive portable media player for my
> kids.  It needs to play nicely with linux, of course, and I'd like it to
> play ogg format audio.
>
> I don't need a fancy color touchscreen or anything, just a way to
> navigate to the audio tracks.
>
> What players to you members of the gllug list have?

All of the Sansa players are very easy to use with Linux or any other
operating system.  They appear as a USB mass storage device when
connected via the USB cable, and adding media is as simple as copying
your ripped audio to the AUDIBLE folder on the device.  I'm using it
with MP3, which I understand makes me some kind of heathen, but it works
exceptionally well.

Best Buy has them if you want to buy them retail.  If you can wait a
week or two for shipment Buy.com usually has them at deep discounts.
That's where I got mine, and I'm extremely happy with it.

Clay Dowling