[GLLUG] mbox or maildir

Michael Watters michael at watters.ws
Wed Jan 24 10:03:54 EST 2007

 From my experience our mail server had a huge speed increase by
switching to courier-imap with maildir.  A lot of the accounts on the
server have thousands of messages, mine has about 5k by itself and
searching through them is no problem, loading the inbox is really fast
as well.

As long as you create a big enough partition for the mail inodes
shouldn't be a problem, we're using ext3 and there's still plenty of
room, reiserfs or xfs would be even better though.