[GLLUG] TCP/IP protocol efficiency

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Wed Jan 24 11:23:05 EST 2007

I've currently gotten involved with a project that is requiring I
reshare thousands of 12MB files out over TCP/IP from an XFS volume
on SuSe for use with Windows systems.  I have tried sftp and found
the transfer speed to be somewhat less than acceptable over gig-e and
was wondering if anyone had any input into another method of sharing
out the files that would be A) easier and B) faster.  Obviously samba
comes to mind, but I'm wondering if there are other easier ways to
tune this connection.  Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.

-Mike