[GLLUG] TCP/IP protocol efficiency

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Wed Jan 24 12:36:57 EST 2007

Access can be read only, that is perfectly fine.  The problem we are
running into is that a full scan can be several hundred gigabytes.
The problem seems to be that as soon as tcp/ip compression kicks in
enough on these scans to get some solid throughput, it is done
transferring that single file and starts all over again.  We are only
getting about 6-7MB/sec out of gig-e using sftp currently

-Mike