[GLLUG] OT: Quick Help

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Wed Jul 11 18:16:21 EDT 2007

Hey Everyone,

My wife has an assignment for her sociology class which involves surveying people and then writing a paper based on the results.  If you can spare 2 minutes, could you fill this out and email me back?  Just give me the answers to each number if you choose to fill it out.  Thanks,

===>
The purpose of this brief survey is to determine public perception toward mental health care.

I am a college student conducting an informal survey for a class in which I am currently enrolled.  You may answer or not answer any questions you choose.  All answers will remain confidential and anonymous.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Please circle whichever answer is most applicable for each question.

1.What is your gender?
a.) Male
b.) Female

2.What is your age?
a.) 18-25
b.) 26-35
c.) 36-45
d.) 46-55
e.) 56-65
f.) over 65

3.What do you consider your race/ethnicity to be?
a.) Native American or Alaskan Native
b.) Asian or Pacific Islander
c.) Black, not of Hispanic origin
d.) Hispanic
e.) White, not of Hispanic origin
f.) Other

4.What do you consider your religious affiliation to be?
a.) Christian
b.) Jewish
c.) Muslim/Islam
d.) Buddhist
e.) Other
f.) No religion

5.On a scale of one through five (one affecting you the least, five affecting you the most) how much does your religious affiliation affect/guide your day-to-day choices?

1               2               3               4               5               N/A

6.In your opinion, within your religious group, is seeking mental health care, from a mental health professional such as a psychologist, psychiatrist or licensed therapist, considered a viable option?
a.) Yes
b.) No
c.) Maybe
d.) Not Applicable

7.How comfortable are you, in case of need, with yourself or others close to you seeking the aid of a mental health care professional?
a.) Comfortable
b.) Neutral
c.) Mildly Uncomfortable
d.) Uncomfortable

8.In your opinion, within your community, is seeking mental health care perceived as:
a.) Negative
b.) Positive
c.) Simply viewed Neutrally

9.What is your view on people seeking mental health care for their emotional needs, is it:
a.) Unnecessary
b.) Necessary for some, but widely over used
c.) Those who feel they need help should get it

10.If needed, would you ever consider seeking the aid of a mental health care provider (if cost was not an issue?)
a.) Yes
b.) No
c.) Maybe

Thanks again,

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.
Lansing, MI 48910 USA
Phone:     517.393.4720
Fax:       517.393.4225
Toll Free: 800.333.1972
"Service is Our Profession"

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this E-mail message from your computer.