[GLLUG] WinSCP

nateM natem at tir.com
Thu Jun 7 10:49:00 EDT 2007

winscp is just a lame attempt to copy unix's scp.  on wind0ze, i use pscp,
but i use scp on unix/linux.  if you're moving big stuff you can also
consider rsync which can use ssh as a transport agent.  or for hardcores,
tar | ssh.  if these are people who can't/won't easily learn something new,
scp should be nearly identical to winscp, assuming the winscp people did a
good job of emulating the original in the first place, so they should be
able to just pick it up and run with it.  it's always nice to see someone
go from using something fake to using something real!  enjoy!
--
nate