[GLLUG] Subversion & Bug Tracking Panel

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Fri Mar 2 11:37:27 EST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:18:52 -0500 (EST)
"Clay Dowling" <clay at lazarusid.com> wrote:

> I'm one of the presenters for a panel on subversion and bug tracking
> at Penguicon.  It occurs to me that I don't necessarily know what
> people are interested in learning about the subject.  So let me put
> it to the group here:  What would you like to learn about the use of
> subversion and bug tracking?  The other presenter has some material
> about the use of these tools as part of a Continuous Integration
> process.  Is there anything about the Continuous Integration
> development process that you'd like to know about?

Clay,

Thank you for taking this on.  My time for stuff like this has been
very limited of late (busy and occasionally sick).  I'll probably be in
the audience of that panel. I'd say anything that's ever made you say
"Wow, that's cool!" will be good, especially for the people who don't
know what questions to ask.

I'd like to see a few minutes devoted to other SCM programs, such as
git, but only a few minutes.  Executive summaries, if you will.  It's
interesting, but I think likely to be out of scope for almost everyone
there.

I think I can speak for a lot of people in saying that one of the
questions the panel should answer is "What is the Continuous
Integration development process?"

--
Marshal Newrock, Ideal Solution LLC
http://www.idealso.com