[GLLUG] MaC mINI hARD DRIVE UPGRADE

bbartilson at comcast.net bbartilson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 18:32:54 EST 2007

From: Mike Szumlinski <szumlins at mac.com>
> I'm actually gonna have to go with Netrestore over CCC, but Mike made
> it too :)  It is what I used for deployment at my former (and very
> very large) company.

Sure, except:

1.  I'd not recommend that just *anyone* gets into NR.  Certainly not for a single computer for the purposes of a single hard drive upgrade.  If you can boot the computer and open a browser, you can probably get CCC to do what you want it to.  Difference between what you or I might use, and what I feel comfortable recommending to just about anyone.  Anyone subscribed to this list can handle CCC.  I wouldn't make that assumption about NR.

2.  Have you seen CCC 3?  It's even better. :)

Mike Bombich rocks.

I sure hope your very very large company was paying, er, donating to him... unless of course it was a very very large educational institution.  In that case he's too cool to want any pay.

Best,
-Bill