[GLLUG] Debian based install mount woes

Nathan Hartley nathan at ilothlorien.com
Fri Mar 9 18:18:25 EST 2007

 Mike Szumlinski:
> Has anyone had this problem where Debian edge boots fine from the CD,
> but once the installer tries to mount the CD if fails?  The same
> thing happens with Ubuntu 6.10.

I have had that problem with older CD ROM Drives. ISOLinux seems to handle
older drives better than the installers or something. I have looked and look
for a boot parameter that might resolve this, bet I have tried every DMA and
CD related setting out there. In the mean time I temporarily swap out the
drive with a newer model or when doing these installs.