[GLLUG] OT: Two Headed KVM, anyone?

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:25:47 EDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Richard Houser <rick at divinesymphony.net> wrote:

> Personally, I don't see the point of a dual headed KVM setup, even
> though I've been running dual-head for a while now.  Mind if I ask for
> what use you've found that just switching one of the monitors isn't
> sufficient?

I'd love to have a setup like this as well.  I have quite a few
systems up and running all of the time, and once you get used to
dual-head configurations, it's tough to use a computer w/o having that
extra screenspace.  I also do active development on all of the
machines and some of that includes graphics support for multiple
monitors, so being able to easily switch back and forth would be
great.

Ideally, I'd have a 4-port dual-DVI USB KVM switch, but from what I've
seen, they don't make those yet.  Even the single DVI USB KVMs (man
that's a lot of acronyms) cost over $250 generally.