[GLLUG] State of Gaming machines in the Computer lounge at Penguicon

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Mar 28 11:31:21 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 10:10, you wrote:
> Jason  informed me last night that there are some known conflicts
> with beryl and running games although some cedega beta tester's have
> done it (rick?) that it's not necessarily the easiest thing to do. I
> tried getting it running on my machine but it crashed fluxbox back to
> gdm. probably something misconfigured somewhere because I had compiz
> working before beryl existed but it sucked 90% of my cpu. If you have
> a machine that has it working charles, that could make 3 machines.

I wasn't proposing putting Beryl on the gaming machines. We want those
to run games and it would obviously hurt the performance significantly.

My machine is running Beryl directly via recent nVidia drivers. No AIGLX
or GLX or any of that. Bringing the machine to the con isn't going to
be practical this year, but I have a spare nVidia card that should be
capable of running Beryl. I can probably dig up a machine to put it
into to be our Desktop Eyecandy Demo.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com