[GLLUG] postfix relayhost

Michael George george at idealso.com
Sat May 5 16:18:36 EDT 2007

I have reached my tipping point...  I have been letting my home system
do final delivery of all my mail sent from my home account.  However,
there are some places that will not accept mail from an IP address in a
dynamic range of IPs.

I run postfix and I can set the relayhost to send all mail through my
IPSs mail system, but it still doesn't seem to work.  I get:

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: linux-user at egr.msu.edu
Reason: Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Sender address
+[george at mutualdata.com] blocked using dsn.rfc-ignorant.org; Not
supporting null
+originator (DSN)

I can successfully send mail to my idealso.com account through the relay
host, but the mail to egr.msu.edu fails whether I use the relayhost or
not.  What do I need to change in my config so that the mail can be sent?

--
-Michael George
  Ideal Solutions, LLC