[GLLUG] Leaving GLLUG

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:06:26 EDT 2007

It's become apparent to me that gllug is _no_t a good place for me anymore.
I learned a lot while I've been here and would like to thank it's members
for good times, advice, help, etc.

I apologize for my part in flame wars, I enjoy arguing too much. However, it
seems much flack has been sent my way in recent months, much of it
undeserved and some not. It's been suggested by members on the list that I
have acted like a high school match maker (for trying to help gllug
actually have something to do aside from social meetings) , am not competent
due to the fact that I refuse to waste my time on people who are time sinks,
am bad at troubleshooting (evidence?), slacker and irresponsible, etc... I'm
not saying all are completely untrue.

I leave #gllugmi in the hands of whomever wants it. antarus (former?) member
of gllug, and christel (freenode staff) would be the people to talk to about
turning it off or getting op powers.

Obviously, I've left lounge gaming in the hands of richard houser, good luck
rick, your going to need it...

I will be unsubscribing myself sometime tomorrow evening and do not plan to
attend further meetings.

I don't harbor any ill will against any members of gllug, and any who wish
to contact me off list may, and I will read replies tomorrow after I get out
of work (assuming there are any).