[GLLUG] Fw: [mdlug] OO.org in Mi schools

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Tue May 15 10:06:23 EDT 2007

I also wonder the effect of producing graduates who can't put Word and
Excel on their resume. I'm sure anyone who learns OO.o can user MS
Office, but the lack of hands on experience may hurt.

>>> "Lachniet, Mark" <mlachniet at analysts.com> 5/15/2007 9:49 AM >>>
I'm sure Mike Rambo could comment on that but....  One thing I will say
is that schools get that Microsoft software at a steep discount.   When
looking at the overall cost of conversion (training teachers, in
particular) it may not be the best value proposition.  For "grunts" (non
information workers) who work in companies paying full price, the
argument for OO is much more compelling..