Re: [GLLUG] Thursday's Meeting?

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Fri May 18 10:45:56 EDT 2007

LOL - to top it all off, I didn't end up being able to go - all this sparked by my simple question.  Oh and BTW - I emailed the manufacturer of our Mail Server Software to let them know that their webmail package should include the option to CHOOSE whether to start a reply at the top or bottom of and included Reply To text.  I made them fully aware that they were not compliant with the software standard, yada yada.  I'm sure some developer somewhere thinks I'm a real a-hole! :D  When really I just thought it funny that it was something that was, at some point, legislated.  Much like many silly old laws (which I googled) things like (and who knows HOW true these internet gems are):

  Michigan
• A Michigan law states that a wife's hair legally belongs to her husband.
• A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
• Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
• In Clawson, Mich., there is a law that makes it LEGAL for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
• In Detroit, couples are not allowed to make love in an automobile unless the act takes place while the vehicle is parked on the couple's own property.
• It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
• Smoking while in bed is illegal.
• You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.

All taken from http://www.dumb.com/laws.htm

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company