[GLLUG] postscript document

Julie Code jewels9321 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 16:53:00 EDT 2007

Thanks Charles, I didn't quite realize that.  I want to make a correction in
my typing in the last message.  it was actually \scalebox insead of \scale.
But anyways, in my math book that I am writing, I am writing about Basic
Math to start off with..... I took pictures of a miniature abacus, they look
really good because the chinese abacus that I am using is so small that it
makes good pictures.  But now I am trying to use base ten blocks.... I
bought some stamps that have base ten blocks on them from the teacher's
store.... and stamping the blocks on cardstock... and then take pictures of
them... Does anyone else know of a better idea that I could use base ten
blocks? They are a lot of things to manipulate with them, just as they are
manipulatives so there will be a lot of moving the blocks around etc.  But
if anyone has a better idea, like jpeg images online or something. I just
wonder how other people do their work with the blocks in their books because
there is a lot of manipulating the images.  As you can see, I am a beginner
at writing books! =)

Julie