[GLLUG] PHP vs Python

Adam Jensen jensena8 at msu.edu
Thu Nov 8 22:48:50 EST 2007

> Not to discount your opinion, but I don't think authentication or
> input validation is petty at all. Both key points where you can get
> owned. I don't know much about the program, so if it does its thing
> well, great, but it is always worth double checking.

"Petty" was a poor word choice -- apologies.  I was strictly referring
to the repetitive nature of having to roll your own
authentication/validation/etc code in every application that gets
built.  Having a framework like Django takes away that burden and lets
you focus on the task at hand (and other important things such as not
getting owned).  Having a set of mature, time-tested libraries available
to handle all of the common issues makes the whole process a lot more
enjoyable.

Cheers,
Adam