[GLLUG] Samba as DC and netlogon.bat -> backup using unison . . .

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Mon Nov 12 11:12:33 EST 2007

You might look at Samba 4.x since it is supposed to be AD Domain
Controller. I know they have logins working. I don't know if they have the
fileservering piece done yet or not. I know they don't have a client, and
they don't have printing, but those aren't important for your needs.

It -is- alpha code and "not intended for production environments" but
depending on what you are trying to do, it might work, and what you have
might be a good environment to test it in to report bugs back if you come
acrossed some. And they would be happy with very detailed bugs
reports and elated if you submitted a patch. :)