[GLLUG] router for home

Jon Niesen niesenjo at egr.msu.edu
Wed Nov 14 12:23:52 EST 2007

It was WRT54G v.5 and newer on which Openwrt no longer worked, due to a major change in the design.  However, Linksys released a version based on v.4 which still ran linux, and still allows users to use OpenWRT.  This is the version which was suggested, WRT54GL.

I have heard that people have now gotten OpenWRT to work with WRT45G v.5, but I would look into option closely before going with it.