[GLLUG] hardware

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Mon Oct 22 00:17:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

So I'm doing some fall cleaning and trying to throw out a bunch of
stuff that I'm pretty sure I'll never actually use to make room for
stuff that I someday might. I was going to toss this hardware out, but
I wanted to see if anyone on GLLUG can use it since most of it is
kinda old but not necessarily obsolete. I hung onto much of it in the
first place because many pieces will still work fine for Linux-based
firewalls or file servers.

Anyway, if you want anything here, let me know otherwise its going
into the dumpster this weekend. It would be best if you could pick it
up at the GLLUG meeting or we could arrange for you to pick it up at
my house near downtown Lansing or where I work on the west side. Oh,
and no guarantees that any of this stuff works obviously, though I
wouldn't have knowningly kept any broken hardware.

(Also, I have a few bad monitors that need to be thrown out because
they're broken or extremely old. I know they can't be put in the
regular trash. What's the best way to get rid of them?)

NICs:

- SMC 83C795QF ISA ethernet (probably 10mbps)
- 7x 10/100 PCI ethernet cards (realtek, intel, 3com)

CPUs:

- Intel Pentium 3 750MHz w/ Passive heatsink
- Intel Celeron 333MHz
- Intel Pentium 2 166MHz mobile (for laptop)

Hard drives:

- 422MB Quantum ProDrive LPS (non-flammable)
- 106MB Seagate ST3120A
- 4.3GB Western Digital WD43AA-75AF
- 7GB Maxtor 87000D8
- 1.2GB Seagate ST31276A

CD-ROM:

- 40X IDE Boss-V
- 24X IDE Samsung
- 40X Plextor Wide SCSI
- 2 laptop CD-ROM drives, unknown speed

Video Cards:

- nVidia TNT2 AGP4X 32MB
- Matrox Millenium PCI (IS-Storm R2 chip)
- Intel 740 AGP

Monitors:

- 17" Compaq, decent image quality
- 17" Envision, a bit fuzzy

Winmodems:

- PCI Connexant RH56D
- PCI Intel DQ82536EP

Misc:

- Celeron 366 motherboard + CPU + memory combo (good for firewall)
- Creative Labs ES1373 sound card w/ line-in, microphone, and game port
- USB PCI card, not sure if it's 1.1 or 2.0
- ISA serial card with 2 external, 1 internal port
- ISA serial card with 1 external, 1 internal port
- Kensington Orbit trackball, serial/PS/2, barely used
- 13.3" Samsung LT133X1-104 laptop LCD screen
- 32MB PC100 RAM
- 15 phone cords (6-8 feet at most)