[GLLUG] Fluxbuntu in 24

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:39:02 EDT 2007

Hey guys (and girls),

I've been psyched for a while about fluxbuntu, the fluxbox flavor of
ubuntu. For those who don't know, fluxbox is a lightweight window
manager for either older computers, or people who like their desktop
rather speedy.

Fluxbuntu was still developing in Dapper when ubuntu Feisty came out,
so they have had to play a bit of catch up. They are a little late for
the official release date of Ubuntu 7.10, but later is better than
never. Tomorrow evening, perhaps at midnight, ISO's will be available
for download.

If you've ever taken a look at fluxbox and said "screw this" because
it required you to create your own menus and tweak other options like
that, you might decide to reconsider, as many of these old 'issues'
(though some indubitably prefer it like that) have been reworked to
meet with the standard ease of *ubuntu systems. I'm not exactly sure
exactly how far it has been overhauled, but from the looks of it, it
will be hella slick.

Also, if you've ran Xubuntu and enjoyed the Xfce4 window manager, I
would highly recommend checking out fluxbuntu. It will probably be a
bit faster, and overall, I just generally like the look and feel of
the interface better.

fluxbuntu.com
http://releases.fluxbuntu.org/7.10/rc/ for iso when it is uploaded by the dev

Karl