[GLLUG] Fluxbuntu in 24

Chris Chan crazytales at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:57:41 EDT 2007

I did a little website work on the Fluxbuntu site back in April then got
caught up in school. I see they've totally overhauled the site since I made
my contribs. They seem to be a larger project now, which is always a good
thing. I just joined their IRC channel on freenode, it has 43 members. Back
when I was doing work on the site, the only had like 10 users in the
channel.

I hope that they'll continue Fluxbuntu development on the six-month release
schedule. Seems a vast undertaking to move all the way from developing in
Dapper to Gutsy.

~Chris

On 10/22/07, Karl Schuttler <rexykik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys (and girls),
>
> I've been psyched for a while about fluxbuntu, the fluxbox flavor of
> ubuntu. For those who don't know, fluxbox is a lightweight window
> manager for either older computers, or people who like their desktop
> rather speedy.
>
> Fluxbuntu was still developing in Dapper when ubuntu Feisty came out,
> so they have had to play a bit of catch up. They are a little late for
> the official release date of Ubuntu 7.10, but later is better than
> never. Tomorrow evening, perhaps at midnight, ISO's will be available
> for download.
>
> If you've ever taken a look at fluxbox and said "screw this" because
> it required you to create your own menus and tweak other options like
> that, you might decide to reconsider, as many of these old 'issues'
> (though some indubitably prefer it like that) have been reworked to
> meet with the standard ease of *ubuntu systems. I'm not exactly sure
> exactly how far it has been overhauled, but from the looks of it, it
> will be hella slick.
>
> Also, if you've ran Xubuntu and enjoyed the Xfce4 window manager, I
> would highly recommend checking out fluxbuntu. It will probably be a
> bit faster, and overall, I just generally like the look and feel of
> the interface better.
>
> fluxbuntu.com
> http://releases.fluxbuntu.org/7.10/rc/ for iso when it is uploaded by the
> dev