[GLLUG] GLLUG and Software Freedom Day

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Fri Sep 7 12:08:39 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 22:42 -0400, Chick Tower wrote:
> In addition to what Clay had to say, we need volunteers to attend our
> SFD presentations in rooms 100 and 101 at Davenport University in
> downtown Lansing on Saturday, September 15th.  We'll need to have people
> there by 12:30 p.m., one half-hour before presentations begin, and
> people to plan on staying for about half an hour after presentations
> conclude at 4:30 p.m.  We'll need people to bring PCs demonstrating
> free/open source software and to answer questions attendees may have
> about F/OSS.  We'll actually have a dress code for volunteers; slacks,
> shirts with collars, and everything clean.  We're representing F/OSS to
> business, education, and government professionals, so we have to look
> presentable.  You can find a map and driving directions at the following
> http://www.davenport.edu/Home/OurCampus/Facilities/Locations/tabid/170/Default.aspx
>
> If you can spend some time volunteering for us, you can either reply to
> the mailing list or to me, just so we know how many volunteers to
> expect.  You can also tell me if you want to bring your PC to
> demonstrate a particular piece of software.  If you need a ride or can
> offer a ride from some part of town, let me know and I'll try to work
> something out.

I'm happy to bring my laptop to show off Ubuntu and a few open source
applications. I'm also willing to give one or two of the presentations.

I took the liberty of updating our entry on the softwarefreedomday.org
website to reflect current information.

Two other (optional) volunteer positions would be helpful as well: a
photographer so that we can post pictures of the event on the GLLUG web
site and a videographer to record our presentations on video for posting
to YouTube (which we will link to on www.gllug.org).

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com