[GLLUG] New GLLUG site online!

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Sep 12 13:28:36 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The new-fangled GLLUG site is up and running. But we still need some
help, mainly in the form of feedback and suggestions. So head on over,
click a few things, and post your thoughts.

The URL http://www.gllug.org should point to the new site. If you get
the old site, that means your DNS server hasn't caught up. You can still
visit the new site by going to http://207.179.93.168/.

Highlights:

- Better community participation. On the old site, website accounts
literally did nothing. On the new site, they allow you to contribute to
the site in a meaningful way. You can post blog entries, articles,
polls, and events. In the (hopefully near) future, we'd like to expand
this to photos, media, and other neat things. Currently, the
qualification for acquiring an account is that you should show up to
more than one GLLUG meeting. However, we'll waive this for individuals
who have been long-time participants on the mailing list. (Please post
your thoughts on this restriction.)

- Nicer theme. We're basically using a modified version of the Drupal
default theme because I thought it looked and behaved better than most
of the "aftermarket" themes available for Drupal. You can change the
theme to any of several after you've logged into your account. If
there's significant support for a different default theme, we can
arrange that.

- Integrated calendar. No more relying on an external Google calendar,
even for the short time that we actually used it. Meeting announcements
and other events automatically end up on the calendar. Now we just need
a way to send them to the mailing list as well.

And there's a lot more planned for the future. PLEASE give us your
feedback and suggestions or offer to help, this site is our new public
face and finally it's worth showing off!

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com