[GLLUG] What to do with 126 unread emails?

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Fri Sep 21 18:48:54 EDT 2007

Richard Houser wrote:
> If you consistently miss appointments and don't take some kind of
> corrective action, you really intend to keep missing those appointments.
>   Don't try to fool yourself, there really isn't any valid excuse once
> you reach that point, just whining.

GLLUG is on my Google Calendar for the weekly meeting with an alarm with
plenty of time to reach the meeting.  The alarm isn't working in
Thunderbird - I had an event today where the alarm fired perfectly and I
got to the location _on time_.  The GLLUG event yesterday never fired.
It is pretty clearly a software bug.  The Thunderbird Lightning plugin
and Sunbird application both have problems with notifications on
repetitive events.  It works great the first time and then simply
refuses to fire the event notification again.

But you're right, I'm complaining on the wrong list.  I'm pretty sure I
need to go annoy the Lightning developers (or the Google Calendar <->
Lightning plugin developer).

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President