[GLLUG] Linux from the Library

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 23:06:31 EDT 2007

I like your idea a lot, Rick.  But CDs from Canonical come in nice
packages, so I think we should investigate both options.  I'll try to
contact someone in the library (via e-mail, since I'm in St. Louis for
another week) to see if they are amenable to having Linux CDs available
in their branches.  Can someone with an account that allows you to order
Ubuntu CDs check to see if they will provide CDs to an interested public
library system?  I don't mean order the CDs right now, just e-mail them
to ask the question.  Perhaps, with just this little bit of exposure to
FLOSS, we can persuade the library to save some money by dropping at
least some MS licenses.

Clay, does the burn box count the number of CDs burned?  Did it count
them when it was placed in Gone Wired?  If so, do you know how many CDs
were burned there?

                                Chick