[GLLUG] Free Juno/NetZero Accounts

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Thu Sep 27 09:09:00 EDT 2007

WOW - Juno.  I remember that from when I was a pre-teen.  That and Prodigy and what was the other one - Compusomething or . . . Well it started with a C.

I was busy using KA9Q to figure out how to get into MSU's internet via dialup (and use gopher!) and my dad signed us up for Prodigy or Juno - I know we used them both but don't remember the order.  I thought it was the dumbest thing - just like I think about AOL.  Although, I suppose that back then it wasn't a BAD idea.  Personally (and I suppose I'm just and elitest ahole :) ) I liked it better when the net was text based - it kept out all the CRAP that is out there now.  If you ran into someone on a MUD like Foothills, you know they had to have been smart enough to get on in the first place :)

Boy I'm smarmy this morning.  More coffee . . .

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.